Chimney Pressure Testing
We provide chimney pressure testing for all types of flue and exhaust systems, in accordance with BSEN 1443:2019.
If you are opening up a fireplace, have had a chimney fire or want to see what’s going on, it is a good idea to test that the chimney is OK to use, in some cases its a requirement:
- Building regulations requires it when there is a change of use or prior to the installation of a solid fuel appliance
- To confirm no leaks within the chimney stack between the flues within it, basically yours or your neighbours chimney
- You have moved to a new home and do not know if the chimney is safe to use or you are looking top open up a fireplace and reinstate its use
- As part of a HETAS Safety Inspection
This is a specialist service that we provide throughout our work area including Exeter, Bridford, Crediton, Christow, Chagford, Moretonhampstead, Topsham, Exminster, Dunsford, Ide, Dunchideock, Thorveton and Silverton – if you are not sure or have questions, its easy, just ask
Chimney Pressure Testing Specialist Equipment
We have invested in a state of the art Wöhler DP 600. This unit is designed to test the tightness of exhaust ducts and chimneys. The unit can select between different installation classes of chimney . The Wöhler DP 600 automatically regulates the pressure which is necessary to control the flue gas systems classes P, H and N and determines the leakage rate automatically.
Overview of pressure and tightness testing:
- Testing leakage rates up to 200.00 m³/h
- Testing of all chimney classes and flue gas systems
- Stove tightness testing
Testing can also be achieved with negative pressure.
There is no need to have access to other floors to check for smoke leakage as with a Smoke Test Type 1 – though to identify the source of the leak smoke testing might be required.
A copy out of the result is produced and supplied electronically with any other required report.
BSEN 1443:2019 is the only recognised method of testing in many European countries. This service gives a definitive report on the soundness of the chimney based on the leakage rate and criteria set out by the user, giving you peace of mind.
If access to the roof or chimney terminal is restricted it may be possible for the chimney pot to be sealed from the ground using an inflatable bladder which is inflated in the chimney pot otherwise additional access might be required.
This equipment complements our CCTV Inspection services.